SR. ACCOUNTANT- INVESTMENT ACCOUNTING
Hybrid- Boston 02135
We are seeking a candidate to support the investment accounting for various insurance subsidiaries, which entails preparing the monthly ledger reconciliations to validate the accuracy of the investment results in our subledgers on a STAT basis and preparing the required quarterly and annual NAIC Investment schedules and STAT audited financials. This position will also support process enhancements related to achieving an accelerated close that produces timely, accurate and complete investment accounting results in an efficient manner. This candidate will also collaborate with management, the business and IT to build out robust analytics and reporting to support the business. All candidates must, in addition to possessing the specific qualifications cited below, work well within a complex, fast-paced, fluid environment, and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Responsible for performing monthly investment reconciliation between the ledger and subledger for various insurance subsidiaries on a GAAP and STAT basis; primarily for fixed maturity securities, including preparing journal entries and other investment accounting activities.
· Perform month end closing procedures, including analytical reviews of income earned, unsettled trades, suspense accounts, and other financial statement items.
· Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual NAIC Investment Schedules
· Responsible for the preparation of annual STAT Audited financials
· Responsible for the preparation of annual rating agency survey for investments
· Prepare management reports that provide analysis of investment results.
· Perform frequent ad hoc analysis and assist with special projects, as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA, MBA, CFA preferred.
· 5-7 years of relevant experience, public accounting experience a plus.
· Technical accounting skills and knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles related to investments.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Familiarity with investment accounting systems (Clearwater) helpful.
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel; data warehouse design or support a plus.
· Pro-active, detail oriented, deadline driven; possess excellent documentation and analysis skills.
· Results oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment with limited direct supervision.
· Solid written and oral communication skills.
· Proven ability to successfully handle competing priorities and multiple deliverables.
Candidates must have their own computer equipment while working from home
We thank all candidates for their application, however only those that qualify will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: From $60.00 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Boston, MA 02135
Company Overview myFootpath is seeking a part-time accountant and bookkeeper. myFootpath provides marketing, enrollment, and retention services to college and...Apply For This Job
We are looking for an experienced Accounting and Human Resources Manager interested in pursuing a career in the food and...Apply For This Job
Job Summary Part Time Bookkeeper/Accounting Clerk This position is part time working three days a week in a growing construction...Apply For This Job
ACCOUNTING CONSULTANT Job Location: Columbus, OH/ Central OH; Opportunities include remote, hybrid, AND onsite roles. Employment Type: W-2, part-time OR...Apply For This Job
Our client, a global Fortune 500 company right here in Tampa Bay, is adding top tier talent to their team...Apply For This Job
Billings + Contract Admin Assistant The Construction Billings + Contract Admin position is a support role for the Projects &...Apply For This Job