The Transportation Supervisor assists the Transportation Manager with all facets of the department’s operations and personnel, in order to maximize production, minimize costs and to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure compliance with all Company policies and Ministry of Transportation safety procedures
2. Provide direction within all operating areas of the department
3. Communicate daily with the Manager, Transportation regarding all aspects of transportation operations, production results, equipment and personnel issues.
4. Relieve drivers during their absences, if the transportation schedule requires such relief
5. Comply with all Employment and Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
6. Actively participate in the Joint Health and Safety committees & communicate safety issues with all Staff & members of the JHSC
7. Manage all employee scheduling, start times and vacation planning.
8. Conduct a minimum of 2 in Cab Evaluations per driver annually
9. Conduct and assist in accident & Incident investigations.
10. Participate in annual driver evaluation reviews
11. Provide a complete orientation to all new employees
12. Maintain an up to date record (abstract) on each driver
13. Responsible for administering drivers training and all Tool Box Talks.
14. Ensure all drivers understand their duties, responsibilities and Company policies, both existing and new
15. Ensure all drivers have uniforms and personal safety gear requirements daily.
16. Process drivers’ hours and submit to Manager, Transportation for approval. Must understand and use the Workforce Now module within ADP.
17. Check all vehicles for cleanliness (as part of in-cab evaluations).
18. Attend to daily truck Maintenance issues and schedule in for repairs.
19. Help to manage off site equipment maintenance issues with all stationary equipment, balers compactors and collection equipment.
20. Track bonus program and other drivers statistics
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work, duties and responsibilities expected of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The job description may change if needed as determined by the Company
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Community Transit is hiring bus drivers! Yes — you can drive a bus! You don’t need previous professional driving experience...Apply For This Job
Join the industry leader! K-Limited and operating subsidiary of the Kenan Advantage Group (KAG). KAG is North America’s largest independent...Apply For This Job
Now Hiring Transportation Manager At First Student, our Transportation Managers are a constant reflection of our company’s commitment to safety...Apply For This Job
Looking for local routes? Improved home/life balance? Join Superior Plus Propane as a CDL B Deliver Driver The Local Fuel...Apply For This Job
HIRING IMMEDIATELY – MOVERS AND DRIVERS! We believe in: hire for attitude, train for skill. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®...Apply For This Job
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for transporting residents to grocery store, monthly outings and extended trips as scheduled; assists in performing janitorial...Apply For This Job