The Assistant Brand Manager will assist the General Cigar Company Brand Manager(s) in setting the strategies and developing/executing the tactical marketing plans for the brand(s) in order to achieve financial objectives. These strategies include pricing, new product launches, communication, promotional, and digital. S/He participates in cross-functional teams and works directly with third-party agencies to assure the marketing plan activities such as trade materials, consumer campaigns, and packaging designs are executed with excellence. The Assistant Brand Manager has a strong understanding of budget management and implications for profitability. S/He uses critical thinking to identify market insights and creatively turns them into leverageable business opportunities. In addition to core brand responsibilities, the Assistant Brand Manager will also get the opportunity to participate in projects and/or initiatives that benefit the broader organization.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Work on popular brands across multiple tobacco categories in the U.S. and Canada.
· Assist the Brand Manager(s) in all brand management activities including but not limited to pricing, promotion, product, packaging, advertising, and digital.
· Assists in the development and execution of the annual tactical marketing plans in order to attain volume and profit commitments.
· Effectively works with cross-functional teams to deliver the tactical activities of the marketing plans.
· Uses critical thinking to help identify consumer and competitive insights, translating those insights into leverageable growth opportunities.
· Manages the marketing expenditures vs. the budget to ensure spending meets targeted levels.
· Works directly with third-party agencies to ensure the tactical marketing plan is delivered.
· Analyzes trend reports, manages timelines, and prepares internal/external documents.
· Maintains a strong understanding of consumer, customer, and competitive trends within the tobacco industry.
· Has the ability to ensure compliance within the highly regulated tobacco industry
What is needed to succeed?
In addition to having solid (2-4 years) brand management experience and strong communication skills, preferably, you also have experience with trade marketing. You have a proven track record in delivering targets, and quickly understand how our business is run. You are a doer, get your hands dirty, and are seen as a helpful colleague. You can speak to all levels in the organization, and you find an inner ignition in having many ongoing activities. You work in a systematic, structured, and analytical way, and you are motivated by navigating between many internal stakeholders across divisions in an international organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote
The Temporary Email Marketing Assistant, as part of the Email Production Team, helps with email campaign set-up including: creative review...Apply For This Job
Position: The Manager for Marketing and Consumer Engagement is responsible for the design, development, ongoing management and long-term enhancement of...Apply For This Job
PerkinElmer is looking for a Marketing Specialist to join our team to support the Food business. The role if fully...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Delaware North is seeking a Recruitment Marketing Team Lead to join our Talent Innovation Center. As Team Lead...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing & Communication Manager reports directly to the Firm Administrator and to the Management Team. The position...Apply For This Job
Job Description: Our client seeks a Creative Marketing Coordinator, who will be an outstanding addition to our Creative Marketing team....Apply For This Job