Growing manufacturer is looking for a Cost Accountant.
This position is responsible for providing information and support to the manufacturing team through financial reporting and cost analysis. You will ensure manufacturing and inventory accounting transactions are accurately accounted for and reported on the financial statements. Apply the principles of cost accounting to analyze detailed cost information, identify business process issues, and create action plans to implement process improvements and procedures.
· Coordinate cost accounting activities to ensure complete, accurate, and timely analysis of margins, manufacturing variances, purchase price variances, and work-in-process and inventory balances.
· Implement and maintain control systems and procedures to ensure inventory transactions are properly recorded and inventories are accurately stated as well as assisting in setting the optimal safety stock and Inventory Reorder Quantities.
· Ensures inventory accounting is accurate and leads the physical inventory process (direct and indirect) from a finance perspective, verifies cycle counting process and verifies the inventory valuation process.
· Create and generate various daily, weekly and monthly reports such as On-Time Shipments, Backlogs, Job Variance, Margin Analysis, etc.
· Performs Cost Roll-ups, Sets Overhead Rates, coordinates with Estimating
· Review utilization and over- and under-absorption and provide meaningful analysis to plant management.
· Assist Controller with assigned month end duties and special projects.
· Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
· 3+ years of cost accounting experience
3+ years of manufacturing experience
· Intermediate or advanced Excel and basic Word skills. Access data base is a plus.
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude who is solution oriented.
· Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Self motivated with ability to prioritize tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Project Turnabout in Granite Falls, MN is currently seeking a full-time Payroll Specialist. The individuals main job duties will include...Apply For This Job
Job Description We are hiring an Accountant to join our centralized team in the Denver Tech Center, CO, who will...Apply For This Job
Come work where you play in the beautiful San Juan Mountains! We are currently looking for a Revenue Accountant to...Apply For This Job
Growing healthcare client is seeking a Staff Accountant. This company is in high growth, and offers lots of opportunity for...Apply For This Job
ADM – GBS Finance Services This is a full-time, exempt level position. This role has a hybrid work-from-home schedule with...Apply For This Job
We are seeking an Accounting Clerk/Secretary to join the team! The ideal candidate has experience entering accounts payables, receivables and...Apply For This Job