Responsible for overseeing the timely delivery of goods. Maintaining delivery schedules and tracking deliveries to ensure deliveries are met. Responsible for updating and providing tracking information to customers as well as to internal managers. Duties include monitoring and reporting driver issues such as accidents, safety concerns, or licensing issues.
Also responsible for analyzing the delivery costs and recommending more cost-effective methods of transportation. Responsible for negotiating contracts with outside transportation companies, assign drivers to routes, handle customer complaints, and investigate delivery issues. These may include damaged products and late or lost deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish company routes concentrating on customer service.
· Ensure to dispatch all company drivers.
· Ensure to receive all phone calls from drivers any hour in day.
· Ensure to track routes to assure on time deliveries to enterprise customers.
· Review and arrange all transportation paperwork inclusive of driver logs, DVIR’s, trip reports and invoices.
· Record accurately tractor mileages essential for fuel tax monthly and quarterly reporting.
· Record entire mileages for sub as well as rental equipment for Aim and Conway.
· Review driver’s hours properly and submit apt timecards to payroll.
· Perform in collaboration with Transportation Manager to enhance load capacity and reduce damaged merchandise and loading errors.
· Handle client concerns and direct problems to suitable parties.
· Prepare schedule for external backhauls as well as review external backhaul prospects.
· Record driver concerns along with policy violations and direct main issues to Transportation Manager.
· Ensure to address safety infractions along with D.O.T. violations as recorded by Safety Director to every company driver.
· Support management team to supervise transportation personnel.
· Ensure compliance to all security as well as operational procedures
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 – $46,000.00 per year
French & Parrello Associates is seeking to hire a Highway Project Manager in our growing Transportation Group focused on Traffic...Apply For This Job
Description: AdaptHealth Opportunity – Apply Today! At AdaptHealth we offer full-service home medical equipment products and services to empower patients...Apply For This Job
Dispatchers answer calls and communicate with mobile units to send the appropriate response. As a Dispatcher you will be sending...Apply For This Job
Now Hiring School Bus Drivers for Mahtomedi in Minnesota! First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our...Apply For This Job
TRANSPORTATION MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTIONDirect Supervisor: GM– Steve WehrliResponsibilities and DutiesThe Transportation Manager is responsible for day-to-day transportation operations. This includes...Apply For This Job
Civil Science is currently seeking a qualified Senior Transportation Engineer to join our expanding team. In this role, you will...Apply For This Job