Performs audits of operations, financial records, and internal control systems. Assesses the effectiveness of controls and procedures, accuracy of financial records, level of regulatory compliance, and efficiency of operations. Documents and reports findings. Makes recommendations. Supervises Audit Assistants.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
· Assist Internal Auditor with: review and updating of audit programs; development and implementation of audit programs for new audit areas; annual audit schedule; development of departmental strategic goals; external audits and exams; and member complaints.
· Supervision of Internal Auditing Assistants to include: staff development and coaching; audit assignments; review of monthly and quarterly audits and reviews and monthly report monitoring; payroll time approval and submission; annual performance reviews.
· Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring reports and reconciliations.
· Conduct annual regulatory and Board required audits; report preparation, to include noted deficiencies and recommendations, documenting audit results.
· Assist with the monthly Supervisory Committee report, informing them of the department activities. Reports to Supervisory Committee in Internal Auditor’s absence. Maintain and follow-up with management on audit findings. Perform special projects as requested.
· Research, establish, and maintain Internal Auditing software.
· Conduct and oversee all phases of annual member account confirmations.
· Perform other duties as requested.
1. Discretion, high sense of values and integrity and the ability to keep information confidential a must.
2. Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Provide accurate assessments and sound recommendations.
4. Prepare audit reports that are accurate, complete, and submit by established deadlines.
5. Provide professional service and support to staff, members, and outside business contacts.
6. Maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
Knowledge and Skills:
Three years to five years of similar or related experience. Auditing or accounting related experience is required. Must have at least one year of supervisory experience.
(1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree). Preferred areas of study are Accounting, Auditing, Business, and Finance. CPA is required.
Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Consumer-related and Supervisory experience required.
Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts and details for audits is needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $31.95 per hour
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is...Apply For This Job
Job description ArborWorks, Inc. Is currently hiring for a full-time, Billing Clerk. We have three openings for a Billing Clerk...Apply For This Job
Purpose of Job Accurate and timely calculation and transfer of information from production sources into MBS. Distribution of information. Responsible...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Accountant DEPARTMENT: Accounting LOCATION/TYPE: Miami, FL | Full Time Company Description: Associated Energy Group, LLC (dba AEG Fuels) is...Apply For This Job
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the...Apply For This Job
What’s your passion? Our client appreciates people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as...Apply For This Job