The Human Resources Director will be responsible for the overall personnel management, which includes recruitment, employee relations, employee benefits program, salary administration, workers compensation, grievance and appeal system, and personnel records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Administer and enforce the day-to-day operations of the Tribal Personnel System.
2. Responsible to oversee the overall recruitment process at local, regional and national level based on appropriate market for qualified applicants, advertise job openings, compile interviews and questions for interview panel.
3. Ensures that applicants are informed of the outcome after completion of the interview process.
4. Assures that department Standard Operating Procedures are developed and implemented to carry
out the enforcement to Policies and Procedures.
5. Design, implement and manage the Tribe’s compensation plan, personnel, and drug personnel management document, reviewing it on a regular basis, coordinate all random drug testing, ensuring confidentiality in all aspects of personnel.
6. Responsible for overseeing employee labor relations, coordinating employee grievances and appeals, disciplinary actions, and ensuring compliance with Tribal and Federal employment laws.
7. Provide new employees with orientation. Complete Personnel Action Forms (PAF) to ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Coordinate payroll processing and assure that new hires, appointments, terminations and all other personnel actions are processed with the Payroll section of the Finance department.
8. Responsible for coordinating with program directors to establish training and development associated with their specific needs and to ensure consistency throughout the organization. Conduct routine trainings on the Personnel Policy and changes thereto.
9. Administer the coordination of the employee benefit program and acts as the Insurance Administrator for the employee benefit program, which includes health, life, dental, short-term disability and volunteer retirement plan. Oversees compliance with FMLA.
10. Maintains classifications records. Through research develop and write job position description to meet program objectives for each position. Maintain job description records management.
11. Notifies supervisors -performance evaluation due dates for employees based upon their anniversary dates.
12. Maintain centralized Personnel Records. Manage confidential files and official personnel records, including controlling access to files, maintaining required records for various entities, providing confidential information to authorized parties upon receipt of appropriate written authorization, and ensuring that all files are complete with required documentation.
13. Process pre-employment background checks, pre-employment drug testing, conduct ongoing program requirements.
14. Provide employment counseling, career development and youth services to employees, community residents and staff.
15. Participate and assist with job opportunities with other entities, i.e.: ITCN-JTPA, state of Nevada Welfare – to-work or Indian General Assistance, TERO, Vocational Rehabilitation and other employment agencies or companies.
16. Other job related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Must be able to write, interpret and explain complex personnel policies, procedures, laws and regulations, but not limited to the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA), Indian Preference, Workers Compensation, COBRA, Employment Law and Regulations. Ability to communicate successfully both verbally and in writing and in public meeting setting.
2. Knowledge of classification procedures must be able to write amend and change new or revise existing job descriptions.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Able to make oral and written program reports to the Tribal Council on a monthly basis or upon requested.
4. Skilled in effective interviewing techniques to obtain sensitive information for employment applications, education, background and reference checks.
5. Be able to work in a diverse cultural setting due to the sensitive nature of the position.
6. Must participate in a pre-employment drug screening and randomly selected drug testing.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, or related field and one year of professional or paraprofessional experience in the research, development, evaluation or revision of personnel/employee programs, organizations, or methods, or procedures in a related field of personnel development, or administration of policies and procedures in the Human Resource field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience on a year-for-year basis in Personnel office setting.
2. Prefer personnel management experience in tribal or governmental setting.
PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT FPST.ORG/EMPLOYMENT/ TO APPLY.
POSITION CLOSES ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.65 – $33.02 per hour
ARDX is currently seeking a contract recruiter to manage full life-cycle recruiting activities in the areas of healthcare policy and...Apply For This Job
I. POSITION SUMMARY: Timberland Partners is looking for a dynamic leader with industry knowledge to help lead this company into...Apply For This Job
Work Details: Full Time We are looking for a passionate Human Resources Manager in the Sylvania area to join our...Apply For This Job
Northern Lights, a Zippo Company, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time salaried employment opportunity as an HR Manager....Apply For This Job
We are a fast-paced consumer finance company that services auto financing contracts for credit challenged borrowers. General Purpose of the...Apply For This Job
Human Resource Manager Full-Time As a strategic partner to the General Manager and VPHR, the HRM will take a hands-on...Apply For This Job