Business Systems Analyst – OTM (Oracle Transportation Management)
How would you like to work for an industry leader in packaging, logistics, and other industry verticals while enjoying a variety of opportunities for career growth? Our client is continuously growing, well-respected and has been on a steady upward trajectory for many years. They offer a healthy, friendly, and professional work environment where you can enjoy good career growth while making a positive impact and participating in the success story.
We are focused on hiring a Business Systems Analyst with 3 to 8 years of experience in business analysis , as well as good OTM (Oracle Transportation Management) experience (3+ years preferred) , solid SQL skills , and some experience with either XML or EDI used for integration .
This role can be a critical step in your career path as you’ll be working with an innovative leader while enjoying a team environment and company culture that is very supportive by encouraging and rewarding your valuable contributions.
While making a positive impact in an environment where your career will thrive and grow, you will enjoy competitive compensation which includes a base salary + eligibility for overtime pay + generous benefits + the flexibility of working remotely + matching 401(k) plan, and a lot of other perks! Come join a great team and be treated like an important member of the family !
Value Proposition For You:
MUST be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship or visa transfer at any point in the future. Employer is not able to transfer or sponsor work visas .
In this key role on the team, you will solve organizational information problems by analyzing business processes, gathering requirements, and designing, documenting, and implementing software solutions. You will work closely with the business and IT to support the development and implementation of cost-effective technology solutions while focusing on business analysis and project management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Lead moderately complex to complex projects that support the accomplishment of business objectives by studying business functions, gathering relevant information, and evaluating and documenting business user requirements.
• Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of Oracle Transportation Management (OTM) functional requirements. Assess gaps and business impact and recommend solutions to leadership for moderately complex to very complex business systems processes.
• Support functional OTM implementations, coordinate upgrades, and manage application enhancements.
• Design software systems based on requirements; design interfaces between systems; construct workflow charts and diagrams; study system capabilities; write clear specifications.
• Write system policies and procedures to ensure process and data integrity.
• Configure purchased software systems based on user requirements; articulate the capabilities and limitations of purchased software solutions.
• Improve existing systems or processes by assessing the current environment and recommending alternative feasible solutions.
• Partner with IT in the leadership of systems projects.
• Prepare project-phase plans and implementation schedules, plan and conduct meetings and workshops relative to these project plans and communicate project status reporting to management.
• Ensure that projects remain on track by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports and recommending actions.
• Prepare test plans, execute tests, and analyze results.
• Develop best in class processes to support data and systems integrity.
• Translate business data from multiple systems into a consolidated format for use in decision making.
• Ensure data integrity across multiple systems in support of Logistics operations and reporting requirements.
• Act as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
• Write and maintain documentation for super-users. Write scripts for help desk support.
• Proactively monitor, identify, document, track and resolve ongoing day-to-day business issues pertaining to system functionality.
• Provide on-call support during off-hours when (very occasionally) needed.
• High school diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Supply Chain, Logistics, Math, or Engineering plus 3 years of business systems analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 7 years of business systems analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Application of SQL skills in a work environment
• Skilled in MS Word and PowerPoint at the basic level; skilled in MS Excel at the intermediate level.
• Required to provide on-call support during off-hours when needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS for serious consideration (PLEASE NOTE “REQUIRED EXPERIENCE”):
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, Supply Chain, Math, or Engineering plus 8 years of systems analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or Master’s degree in plus 5 years of systems analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Intermediate to Advanced application of SQL skills in a work environment is REQUIRED . EDI or XML experience for integration is REQUIRED .
• 3 years of experience managing OTM (Oracle Transportation Management) functional configuration and support is REQUIRED .
• Experience in manufacturing, logistics or supply chain.
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP). (The company is an SAP environment and any experience utilizing SAP is a plus. If you do not have SAP experience, you will have the opportunity to learn SAP.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience documenting requirements using a formal modeling tools like UML, flow charts, sequence diagrams.
• Experience gathering requirements and eliciting feedback via stakeholder analysis, developing use cases and building mockups or prototypes.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience with business process reengineering, lean, or six sigma.
• Experience with various systems architectures including, client-server, web-based, service oriented.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in this field of specialization.
(This is an Agile environment and sprint releases are done).
Job no: 512262 Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group Work type: Full time Location: Virtual Categories: Finance & Strategy Air Operations...Apply For This Job
About Fisker Inc. California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric...Apply For This Job
Company Overview Gonzalez Companies, LLC is a rapidly growing, fast-paced, professional services company specializing in civil/structural engineering, construction management, and...Apply For This Job
Job Description Urgently hiring a Bilingual Senior Logistics Operator! Remote role that may require onsite at customer site in the...Apply For This Job
We are motivated and creative mid-level consultant to help win and deliver projects in our growing Sustainable Transportation Practice. The...Apply For This Job
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of...Apply For This Job