Furmano Foods, is a single site manufacturer with 350-400 employees located in Northumberland, PA, just celebrating our 100th year of providing delicious , wholesome foods! We are family-owned, 4th generation , growth-oriented business driven to exceed our customers’ expectations by practicing biblical principles , providing exceptional service , and progressing continuously .The qualified candidate will strive to drive the companys success forward and who is ready to move to the next level partnering with us to advance our organization successfully into the future.
The Shift Training Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate new hire orientation, training, and development to support employee retainment efforts, and to coordinate these activities with the Shift Lead/Supervisor on an ongoing basis. The Shift Training Coordinator is responsible for working with employees on technical, personal, and interpersonal issues affecting the overall performance of the team. The Shift Training Coordinator will be responsible for keeping production lines running in a safe and effective manner in the absence of the Shift Lead/Supervisor. Other assignments may be prioritized as required.
Education: (Include licenses, certifications, permits)
High School diploma or equivalent. Preference for a Better process School diploma but will send if other qualifications met. Management training preferred. College a plus.
Experience / Qualifications
Five years of training and leadership experience in a food-manufacturing environment. Thorough knowledge of canning and/or flexible pouch filling, closing, cooking processing lines. High acid as well as low acid processing knowledge preferred.
Skills / Abilities
Strong communication skills, attention to details, ability to motivate employees a must. Ability to handle multiple tasks at on time. Able to deal with employees in an honest and straight forward manner.
Good physical and mental health, sound judgment and high moral standards and a sincere desire to work with individuals from varied backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Food safety is the responsibility of every employee. Any issues should be brought to the immediate attention of area supervisor of manager.
1. Responsible to coordinate new hire orientation, training, and development to support employee retainment efforts.
2. Coach, train, mentor and develop employees.
3. Develop training aids to support a more effective training process of new employees.
4. Responsible for proper, accurate documentation and efficiency program of all trainees.
5. Proficiency training and retention tracking for incentives of employees assigned to incentivized floater positions.
6. Maintain a positive team environment through leading by example, effective communication and providing help and support to co-workers.
7. Work with co-workers on technical issues, and interpersonal issues affecting the workplace.
8. Ensures adherence to company rules and policies including but not limited to, GMP’s and BRC policies, USDA, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
9. Responsible to keep all production lines running in a safe, efficient manner while adhering to quality standards in the absence of the Shift Lead.
10. Make recommendations to the Production Manager to ass continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
11. Meet or exceed objectives set forth by management.
12. Maintain effective communication, Maintenance Team, Warehouse, Human Resources, and procurement functions.
13. Provide timely information to the Maintenance Department on Maintenance issues.
14. Develop an understanding of Assistics software and resolve inventory issues that arise.
15. Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Abilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $26.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Construction Specialties OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE,...Apply For This Job
Spring is Here: A New Season of Fertility Care! We are proud to do things a little differently at Spring...Apply For This Job
Purpose: This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of specialized planning and programming activities in the area of...Apply For This Job
Job description After Class Tutoring applies educational strategies for struggling students for college admission and scholarship eligibility by preparing them...Apply For This Job
Description HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice...Apply For This Job
Our mission is to invest in our family so that we may serve your family with integrity, empathy, & care...Apply For This Job