GCHI / Keystone Cement manufactures quality Portland and masonry cements that are used in the construction of highways, bridges, and buildings. Keystone Cement, founded in 1928, is located in Bath, Pennsylvania, approximately 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia.
Keystone is proud of its commitment to environmental responsibility and its relationship with the local community. Our employees are active citizens in the Lehigh Valley. As a company we are committed to building a better life for them and for our neighbors in the community.
Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality products and services, and to be the supplier of choice in the construction industry.
Position Title: Automation Engineer
Location: Onsite at Plant in Bath, PA
Direct the activities associated with the Automation of all the electrical, electronic, and instrument system in the plant, reporting directly to the production manager.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
1. Safety: Manage and administer safety in all areas of position responsibility. Exhibit knowledge of and ensure compliance with all safety regulations. Independently identify and correct safety hazards; counsel and discipline associates for non-compliance with safety rules. Conduct or ensure that regular safety training, safety topic meetings and task training are being completed as directed by Safety Director. Perform area inspections and accident investigations as required. Cooperate with all external inspectors as necessary.
2. Provide the engineering and programming (PLC, HMI, drives, and instrumentation) requirements to maintain and satisfy all of the plant’s systems automation requirements. Interaction with all department managers will be required to develop the correct sequence of operation and control loops for all system upgrades and automation changes requested or required.
4. Off-hour and weekend call responsibility to assist with issues that affect plant performance.
5. Perform daily review of the SCADA system (ECS by FLS) and all other automation systems to ensure proper operation, making corrections and or repairs where required.
6. Work with the department managers, electrical supervisors and maintenance planner to manage all work orders associated with automation and control in the plant, keeping the open work orders to a minimum.
7. Work with the maintenance planner and purchasing department to ensure we have adequate inventory of spare parts associated with our automation systems to ensure the plant will operate with minimal interruption to system control. Research and order parts and materials associated with all Automation projects in the plant not currently in stores inventory.
8. Directly supervise contractors and or plant hourly personnel as required.
9. Maintain software backups of all automation equipment
10. Assist the electrical department in the development and control of the Capital Budget and the Plants Operating budget when requested. Recommend and research cost savings projects, major jobs, and Capital Appropriations for his area of responsibility. This should include initial budget of labor and costs for these projects.
11. Assist with technical training for the Electrical Department as required to ensure quality performance in all areas of responsibility. Identify additional training needs and provide training and development opportunities to employees.
12. Will be working in the plant with a union labor workforce and must follow the collective bargaining agreement.
4 year degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related engineering discipline or 10 years as an instrumentation electrician with extensive PLC experience
Minimum of 5 years experience in heavy industry. Experience with Rockwell, Siemens, and GE PLCs.
Effective communication skills; demonstrated organizational and delegation abilities; must be able to successfully interact in a team environment; must be able to read electrical schematics and effectively troubleshoot both PLC hardware and software issues
Knowledge of cement facilities and equipment
Experience with SIMATIC Step7, TIA Portal, RSLogix 5000, Logicmaster 90, and Proficy Machine Edition
Ability to physically inspect plant properties where climbing steps, ladders and physical exertion is required. Respirator use.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location
Sign-On Bonus Crown is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this technical position! Terms and conditions apply and will be...Apply For This Job
Has enthusiastic attitude working with end users. Strong technical experience programming Java. Experience with Linux and bash scripting. Experience working...Apply For This Job
Job Description Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This employee’s role...Apply For This Job
Job Description At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer...Apply For This Job
What would you say are the TOP 3 must-have skills you’re looking for? (Measurable skills, technologies, etc.)a) C#b) SQLc) Git...Apply For This Job
SRT Group is expanding and we’re looking for a Platform Software Engineer to join our team! We’re headquartered in Sunrise,...Apply For This Job