Controller Hidden Villa – Nonprofit Accounting Experience
Hidden Villa is a non-profit, public benefit corporation with a 60-year history, focusing on environmental education. We use our organic farm, wilderness, and community to teach and provide opportunities to learn about the environment and social justice. Our vision is a sustainable, healthy, and just future for all. Our mission is to foster educational experiences that build connections and inspire a deeper appreciation and respect for nature, food, and one another. Our educational programs are designed to inspire people of all ages to be stewards and caretakers of the environment and each other.
Position Title: Controller; Reports to: Associate Director; Department: Administration and Finance
Working Hours: 32 hours per week/During 8 – 5 weekdays (occasional evenings/weekends); Salary: $82,000-86,000- DOE
Benefits: Hidden Villa provides an excellent benefit package that includes vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, vision, acupuncture/chiropractic and retirement benefits.
Hidden Villa is seeking a detail-oriented, collaborative and tech-savvy individual for the organization’s accounting functions.
This role, which reports to the Associate Director, creates budgets, handles the annual audit, and is responsible for the monthly reporting and close process, including processing revenue from multiple sources; supervises/provides backup for the Staff
Accountant, who handles payroll, cash management, accounts payable, and the finance interface with HR. The ideal candidate has experience with nonprofit accounting, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and a strong understanding of the use of technology solutions for finance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Budgeting – lead collaborative budget process with departmental managers
2. Audit and Tax Compliance – lead annual audit and all compliance matters
3. Monthly Close Process and Reporting – lead monthly close process and financial reporting
4. Supervise Staff Accountant and serve as their backup on payroll, accounts payable, cash management.
5. Fundraising Support – act as thought leader for Development department staff, review new donations for conditions and restrictions, develop grant budgets and provide grant spending reports, release funds as restrictions are met
6. General Financial Duties, including maintaining policies, procedures and document storage according to best practices, support Associate Director with insurance renewals, certain retirement and unemployment plan management duties
7. Technology – act as resident expert on financial data management and integrations; implement new technology systems or improvements in payroll, accounts payable and expenses, banking, budgeting, etc
8. Community and Collaboration – build collaborative working relationships with staff and board; participate actively in staff and managers meetings and certain board and board committee meetings
Hidden Villa is committed to diversity in our workplace and our programs. It is an integral part of our culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
How to Apply: Email cover letter, resume and references. Deadline to apply is September 7th, 2021
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $82,000.00 per year
This key management position provides accounting, financial and operational support enabling the finance team to accurately and timely deliver monthly...Apply For This Job
Tetra Tech leads with science and looks for innovative, creative problem solvers to help advance its clients’ projects around the...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Accountant DEPARTMENT: Accounting LOCATION/TYPE: Miami, FL | Full Time Company Description: Associated Energy Group, LLC (dba AEG Fuels) is...Apply For This Job
Easyke 易课 is an innovative e-learning platform that provides educational services for Chinese international university students across the globe. We’re...Apply For This Job
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available CLEARANCE TYPE: Secret TRAVEL: Yes, 10%...Apply For This Job
About Us****FE International is an award-winning global M&A advisor of SaaS, e-commerce and content businesses. It has completed acquisitions for...Apply For This Job