Our Core Purpose is: To create enjoyment and make people happy!
Our values are simple; Treat others as you want to be treated, Do your best, and Have fun! These values translate directly to a culture of people who are driven to provide an exceptional confectionery experience. Coupled with our high-quality products, in-store craftsmanship, and genuinely friendly team members, we create an atmosphere that our customers want to visit again and again. From sight to taste, touch, smell, and sound, a visit to Kilwins provides an authentic sensory and taste experience like none other.
Our company was founded in 1947, yet still strives to deliver a world-class experience for today’s customers. Kilwins is growing, adding stores in new markets, expanding our production capability, and building the expertise needed to support our 140+ locations. We are actively recruiting candidates for retail store management, production and support staff, maintenance, custodial, and seasonal retail positions. We encourage you to consider joining a proven company as we continue to grow.
Job Description: Assistant General Manager
Company/Locations: Kilwins Chocolates Kitchen (KCK) Retail Store – Petoskey, MI & Harbor Springs, MI
Reports to: Retail Store General Manager
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Kilwins experiential culture, store conditions, and operation of KCK, Harbor Springs, and Kilwins online retail store. This position requires leadership skills and experience in retail or hospitality operations. They must have a clear understanding of the store’s business goals and monitor, analyze and report on results as directed by the General Manager. They will spend 50% of their time on the sales floor driving sales, production productivity, while helping manage labor, overhead, and food costs. They must have a clear understanding of all Kilwins retail systems and how these systems deliver the Kilwins operating model. This position will focus on ice-cream, online sales, tours, and the oversite of the Harbor Spring Store and Store Manager. The AGM will write the schedules for KCK and Harbor Springs with assistance from area Managers. They will be directly responsible for the Harbor Springs P&L and assist with KCK’s P&L. Responsibilities include employee hiring and supervision, performance reviews, training and development, social media and Kilwins club members, Reporting, Inventory, uniform apparel, voice mail updates, street sign, quality control, and continuous improvement.
1. Personally represents Kilwins Core Values, Core Purpose, Core Operating Standards, and Brand Promise.
2. Provide integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and purpose of Kilwins Brand.
3. Ensure the Kilwins proven model is followed to increase sales and profitability.
4. Upholds alignment of Kilwins training systems with Kilwins brand standards and expectations for franchise stores.
5. Able to serve in the General Manager capacity in his or her absence.
6. Demonstrated the ability to independently run a company store location and meet all budget goals.
7. Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Kilwins retail operations and the ability to perform and train in all areas.
8. Ability to build the strength and knowledge of the team through cross-training, feedback and follow-up.
9. Ability to manage company store operations independently and cover entire shifts as needed.
10. Must be able to travel to and work in company stores during the busiest time on a daily and weekly basis including days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a retail sales position, not an office role with a general expectation you will be on the floor selling 50% of the time.
11. Provide oversite and support to Harbor Springs Store Manager.
12. Lead Ice-Cream/Online area Managers and respective in-season area supervisors.
13. Prepare weekly team member schedules in a timely manner to optimize customer service.
14. In the absence of the GM conduct deposits, change orders, drawer counting, and End of the Day reporting.
15. Establish Harbor Springs, KCK ice-cream, and Online product offerings with area Managers and suggested pricing changes annually to ensure operational flow, customer satisfaction and profitability.
16. Lead the entire tour program which includes hiring, reservations, script, training, and hours. An energetic personality who enjoys the retail environment, leading tours, and creating a fun and exciting store environment for everyone.
17. Ability to understand all aspects of the online store operations and assist when needed.
18. Responsible for job descriptions, team performance, and team achievement of operational goals.
19. Responsible for ordering uniform apparel, consumables, and other items not sold by Kilwins.
20. Manage social media platforms such as Facebook, Trip Advisor, My Kilwins Club, etc.
21. Ensure Voice Mail, Store Hours Posting and roadside message are managed.
22. Manage, promote and grow all bulk business such as schools, weddings, and corporate sales opportunities.
23. Displays a positive mental attitude and example by behavior for the store team.
24. Provides coaching direction and takes action to achieve operational goals.
25. Constantly reviews store environment and key performance indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
26. Maintains adequately trained staff and staff levels with adherence to minor, wage, and hour laws.
27. Maintains ServSafe certification.
28. Assures Quality Control Standards are in place and quality is maintained at all times.
29. Maintains point of sale system and follows reporting procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Leadership skills, with the ability to coach and mentor others
2. Customer service oriented with a great personality and demeanor
3. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
4. Effectively manage conflict
5. Manage store operations independently
6. Knowledge of and ability to use all online and support systems
7. Organizational and planning skills
8. Problem-solving skills
9. Team-building skills
10. Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
11. Knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation procedures
12. Ability to manage and follow Kilwins established documentation system
13. Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills in the English language
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
1. Must be able to occasionally lift 50 pounds
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time in retail store or training environment
3. Must be able to drive an automobile and have a valid driver’s license
4. Must reside locally in the area to service the Petoskey and Harbor Springs stores.
Education and Experience
1. Must have leadership skills
2. Previous sales and retail management experience
3. Proficient in Microsoft tools such as Outlook, Excel, and Word
4. Previous franchising experience preferred
Drug and Smoke-Free Workplace:
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Kilwin’s Quality Confections is a Smoke-Free facility and smoking/vaping is prohibited on company premises.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time
Our Supervisors support the management team in order to maximize output of the store through the optimization of talent, operational...Apply For This Job
Job description Starting at up to $12 per hour!! The Retail Associate role is essential for the success of our...Apply For This Job
We’re ALDI, one of America’s favorite grocers. We’ve grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and...Apply For This Job
Is it you? Our Crew Members create a warm and friendly shopping experience in our stores. We answer questions, offer...Apply For This Job
Style is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission...Apply For This Job
Retail Merchandiser Travel Team Here at Champion Installs, we love what we do which includes merchandising and installing store fixtures...Apply For This Job