Optometry Chart Auditor/Educator
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Optometry Coding Auditor/Educator will be assigned one or more of the following responsibilities: accurate and compliant coding and documentation review of pertinent medical records and physician services to identify need for coding education; coding education to physicians, coders, and other staff involved in the coding and billing process. Coding reviews include routine and periodic assessment of diagnoses and procedures performed with adherence to established coding guidelines of ICD-10-CM (International Classification of Disease) and CPT (Current . Procedural Terminology).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to evaluate, prepare, and present audit results and educational instruction to physicians, coders, and other staff using corporate approved audit and education tools and materials.
· Assists in the formulation of division medical coding audit and education plans, materials, and improvement processes.
· Reviews clinical documentation to determine adherence to established Government and third-party billing guidelines, AMA,-AAP, CMS
· Following Medical Coding Audit and Education policies and procedures, provides medical coding education.
· Provides coding education instruction to physicians, coders, and other staff
regarding standards for medical record documentation and the correct use of CPT-4 and ICD-1 O codes.
· Assists in the development and maintenance of approved standardized coding education materials.
· Develops reviews and recommends changes to audit and education documents and templates as needed to enhance the overall auditing and education process.
· Produces accurate information when answering coding inquiries and formulating
instructional session summaries.
· Performs miscellaneous compliance audits and company-based audit and education projects as required or requested by senior management.
· Performs and meets administrative responsibilities according to company policies.
· Performs a variety of other duties as requested.
· Meets or exceeds required departmental deadlines and goals on a consistent basis.
· Maintains strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA regulations and Company policy.
· Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
· Complies with departmental and company-wide policies and procedures.
· Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist designation required with current active status, Optometry preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and communicate them to physicians, coders, and other staff in a way that facilitates understanding.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $43,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote
Ballentyne Medical Aesthetics offers customized, personalized care in our new state of the art facility located in the West End...Apply For This Job
Description ** SCHEDULE IS FULL TIME WED-SUN** What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course!...Apply For This Job
The Billing Specialist of Key Connections ABA Services will assist the Administrative Coordinator, Program Director and Executive Director with management...Apply For This Job
$1,000 Hiring Bonus Must Love a Fast Pace Excellent Telephone Skills Problem Solver Team Player Doesn’t Stress the Small Stuff...Apply For This Job
Join our nursing team as a Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator- RN! In this role, you will play a key...Apply For This Job
Physician Assistant-Certified Suburban Behavioral Health Services is private psychiatry practice, located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. We are group of 1...Apply For This Job