Senior Project Manager
Our client, a leading Pacific Northwest utility provider committed to public service and environmental preservation, is looking for a Project Manager for their Vancouver, Washington location. This position will work closely with the Operational Infrastructure and the Applications Services organizations to coordinate and facilitate Control Center infrastructure, IT network and applications integration projects from inception to conclusion.
This position is a one-year contract with the opportunity to renew on an annual basis. This will be a hybrid role; this position will be mostly remote with an average of 4 days per month in office (once our client feels it is safe to return to the office). It also includes employee benefits! If you think you’d be a good fit, we want to hear from you!
· Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate manager-assigned Control Center IT project or projects, from beginning to end, providing expert guidance on the PMI-based project management methodology, best practices, and internal skill development.
· Identify and request necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
· Forecast and recommend / request appropriate project resources to fulfill project needs and recommend resource requests.
· Collaborate with business units and Managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
· Schedule and facilitate project team meetings.
· Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives.
· Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables and goals.
· Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each assigned project / defined effort.
· Organize, coordinate and facilitate the work of project team(s) and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
· Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards and targets.
· Coordinate activities for manager-assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
· Collaborate with manager and internal stakeholders to facilitate the tasks and activities of project team(s) and to properly understand related business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products.
· Address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
· Provide background information, technical input, options and recommendations for project decisions as requested by manager / personnel; work with appropriate parties to facilitate resolution of conflicting team positions.
· Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
· Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan.
· Draft a final project report, including project “lessons-learned”, for appropriate management review and approval / acceptance.
· Take a pro-active stance on project risk management.
· Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.Developing, drafting and recommending contingency plans to minimize / eliminate risks on an ongoing basis for review and approval / acceptance by appropriate manager / personnel.
· Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and managers independently and in team meetings.
· Support and facilitate the following deliverables: Scope Definition and Management, Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change, Process and System Design requirements, and project management best practice gap analysis.
· When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new project manager fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Technology, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
· 12+ years of direct project management experience is required. Experience should include project management of IT network infrastructure related projects and applications integrations projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans for large-sized projects (more than $2M lifecycle cost).
· Advanced skills with MS Project to include fundamental operation, function, and workflow of MS Project with regard to timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, and resources.
· Ability to manage IT Network Infrastructure projects and/or Applications Integrations projects in accordance with industry project management principles.
· Knowledge of IT Network Infrastructure planning, functional and technical specifications, and system life-cycle management.
· PMI or PMP certification preferred.
· Experience delivering projects with security and/or compliance requirements preferred.
**We are unable to accommodate corp. to corp. candidates**
About Motus Recruiting and Staffing, Inc:
Founded in 2006, Motus is an award-winning recruiting and staffing firm in the Pacific Northwest, specializing in professional services and technology solutions. We are a group of people who not only recognize the importance of representation, but actively fight for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the recruitment process. Our goal is to educate organizations on the importance of DEI when hiring, promoting, and supporting diverse employees. We are calling organizations to demonstrate their commitment to DEI by being intentional about who they hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $65.00 per hour
DBA Construction, Inc. is a diverse and growing Heavy Civil construction firm with strong company culture of Safety, Quality, Flexibility...Apply For This Job
The Project Manager at Optima Tax Relief, LLC (“Optima”) Santa Ana, California office, will work closely with the Senior Project...Apply For This Job
Position Summary – Responsible for end-to-end program/project management of multiple programs or projects which can contain multiple large projects, portfolio...Apply For This Job
IT Project Manager II What You’ll Do Work collaboratively with IT leadership and internal customers to establish project portfolio and...Apply For This Job
Operations Manager / Project Management Monsey, NY $50,000-$80,000+ Depending on Experience Busy Monsey-based Strategy and Operations Implementation firm seek Smart,...Apply For This Job
Project Manager / Business Analyst ProjectCorps, a leading business and technology consulting and professional services firm in Seattle, seeks Senior...Apply For This Job