Oxford Athletic Club is the most extensive private health and fitness club in the Pittsburgh area and is nationally recognized by International Health, Racquet, and Sports Associations (IHRSA) for excellence.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Human Resource Generalist who will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
· May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
· May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Payroll Responsibilities:
o Assisting the Director of Accounting in the payroll process including collecting the employees’ data and timesheets
o Verifying work hours
o Reviewing discrepencies in timesheets or hours
o Assist in gathering the data to calculate commissions
o Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management,
o Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
o Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to the Director of Accounting
o Confirm everything is up-to-date/reviewed/approved before payroll is processed by the Director of Accounting
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
· At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
· SHRM-CP a plus.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: The Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH) creates and manages alliances with public and private...Apply For This Job
CFS is hiring a client-facing Executive Recruiter to focus on finding and filling permanent job openings throughout the Atlanta area....Apply For This Job
Girl Scouts of Western Washington is seeking an HR Generalist to support our growing organization. The ideal candidate will have...Apply For This Job
We are looking for an experienced Human Resources Director to ensure that all human resources (HR) operations are carried on...Apply For This Job
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for implementing and managing human resources policies and programs in the areas of recruitment, employment, employee relations,...Apply For This Job
Responsible for the oversight of the employee-facing and candidate-facing processes within HR Service Operations. Provides leadership and development opportunities for...Apply For This Job