The Transportation Training Specialist, identifies skills or knowledge gaps among the new hire population and develops training content in response to identified training needs. Selection of training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the material being taught for the new SPD Drivers will be paramount to the success of the position. The Transportation Training Specialist will create and maintain course content, manuals, or other training materials. They are responsible for modifying the orientation schedule and content, coordinating with guest trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs). Assesses the impact of training programs by measuring employee understanding of the subject matter. A valid CDL and DOT medical card will be required for assisting on conducting road tests.
Core Duties (other duties may be assigned):
· Ensure that all training is in compliance with DOT guidelines, as well as establish performance metrics, evaluation templates and follow up safety performance reporting.
· Conduct various types of driving evaluations for new and existing drivers.
· Teach Orientation Class to all new driver hires.
· Complete detailed written evaluations for each driver tested (record of road test).
· Take driver calls providing coaching training, and support as needed.
· Document post violation inspection training (CSA) and input data into system.
· Conduct structured remedial training as determined by the safety evaluation and the Director of Safety.
· Document the ongoing status of any the required training for each driver evaluated and keep the Director of Safety up to date on driver’s progress.
· Manage the Flatbed Training program ensuring all drivers have the skills needed to properly secure the type of loads SPD hauls safely
· Perform random check-ins with drivers, complete rider checklists
· Walk the yard and do random load securement checks
· Perform the final process and audit Driver Qualification Files (DQF) so they are in DOT compliance timely
· Teach the principles of Value Driven Driving and the seven essential driving habits.
· Help create and document safety and training plans focused on critical crash prevention.
· Teach CTPAT minimum security requirements for all employees
· Conduct any office and shop training as needed by SPD
· Help drive the culture of SAFETY FIRST throughout the organization
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $27.00 per hour
The building is closed to random walk-in foot traffic. All employees are required to wear a mask while walking around the facility. No mask is required while working in your office/work space.
Work Location: One location
This position is responsible for managing one or more dedicated contract transportation accounts to meet customer service expectations and achieve...Apply For This Job
Exceptional care is a team effort. Even if you’ve never considered healthcare as a next step, you’ll find there are...Apply For This Job
Join our team of skilled employees and begin your career with us. We will work together to create the best...Apply For This Job
Tri-County Cabulance is looking for safe and reliable people to join our fleet of drivers Make a Difference in People’s...Apply For This Job
Senior CommUnity Care of Colorado is looking for a Van Driver to transport our participants to various locations.If you enjoy...Apply For This Job
Guardian Healthcare is seeking a Full Time Maintenance Assistant / Van Driver for our Guardian Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center residents...Apply For This Job