St. Joseph Parish School in Grafton is seeking a dynamic full-time Catholic First Grade Teacher. We are a K3-8th grade family-friendly setting with dedicated teachers and parents. We pride ourselves on our small class sizes, individualized instruction, and a faith-based learning environment. Our teachers remark that St. Joseph Parish School is a low-stress, family environment with reasonable teaching expectations.
The qualified candidate should be a team player and will teach in a self-contained first-grade classroom creating engaging lesson plans, planning classroom activities to motivate students, preparing visual aids, coaching students individually or as a group, communicating with parents and other teachers about student progress, and other tasks as assigned. The candidate must be able to differentiate instruction to meet the diverse needs of students. Experience with standards-based grading is preferred.
· Cultivate a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
· Maintain positive classroom management.
· Organize and prepare resources for students.
· Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
· Incorporate technology and design lessons that teach 21st-century skills.
· Teach assigned subjects.
· Lead daily prayer and participate in school liturgies.
· Help students to respectively listen to morning announcements.
· Assist students as needed.
· Model mature judgment and emotional stability.
· Supervise areas as needed/assigned.
· Escort students to specialty classes and other areas as assigned.
· Communicate with parents/guardians via email, notes, and phone calls as needed.
· Plan all-school liturgies and prayer services as requested.
· Plan instruction carefully through the use of weekly lesson plans identifying instructional outcomes (Archdiocesan standards) and assessment criteria.
· Utilize a variety of methods of instruction and assessment and integrate technology and visual arts into lessons.
· Collaborate with administration, colleagues, and parents to provide differentiated instruction and assessment and appropriate accommodations and modifications for students with special learning needs.
· Observe and evaluate students’ work to determine student progress or to make suggestions for improvement.
· Assess students on a regular basis using formative and summative assessments.
· Keep accurate records of student performance through trimester reports using an online grading system.
· Communicate high expectations for all students.
· Cooperate with the principal and staff in the planning and development of the curriculum.
· Collaborate effectively with other classroom teachers, aides, staff members, and specialists school and parish-wide.
· Perform duties as requested by the principal.
· Continue professional development through course studies, conferences & workshops.
· Collect and maintain formative and summative assessment data.
· Maintain grades and prepare grade reports/progress reports using an online grading system.
· Record daily attendance/lunch count of students.
· Complete all required forms and reports in a timely manner.
· Receive notes from parents and pass information on to required parties.
· Attend all faculty meetings, in-service, and Teacher Conventions.
· Attend special functions when requested.
· Actively engage in professional development.
· Utilize staff development opportunities.
· Participate, collaborate and take notes for at least one Level Meeting each month.
· Be an active member or lead/co-lead at least one Team Committee.
– Must be a certified Wisconsin Elementary or Early Childhood Teacher or working towards certification.
– Must attend proper level sessions in the “Sustaining the Mission” series scheduled each year.
– Must complete Safe Environment Training before beginning employment.
– Must submit a criminal background check every five years.
– Must read and sign The Code of Ethical Standards and Mandatory Reporting Responsibilities.
-Candidate is must be Catholic for this teaching position
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $35,500.00 per year
Staff, students, and visitors must wear masks indoors at this time.
We are seeking to hire a Marketing Coordinator to join our team. In this role you will help expand our...Apply For This Job
Executive Director for Recognized School and Programs for Autistic Students: You are a charismatic leader with that rare combination of...Apply For This Job
Job highlights Qualifications Education – Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts, or Science with a focus on Graphic Design or a...Apply For This Job
Job Summary: Make no mistake, as an Associate Copywriter, you’ll have other responsibilities too. You will create fresh, new and...Apply For This Job
POSITION: Media Arts Associate Teacher Please Note: The position is part-time temporary at 20 hours a week, working with MIddle...Apply For This Job
We are a medical cannabis company. We currently do medical cannabis certifications in three states. We are looking for someone...Apply For This Job