Tapestry is committed to providing high quality, compassionate and community-based care to everyone in our region including the most vulnerable. We are passionate about providing non- judgmental sexual and reproductive healthcare, syringe access and disposal, overdose prevention and education, HIV support and prevention, and WIC family nutrition.
Covid-19 Vaccine Required
Under the direction of the Director of Harm Reduction, the Harm Reduction Training Manager will develop, implement and evaluate ongoing trainings for Tapestry staff and stakeholders and oversee quality assurance for community trainings related to overdose education and other harm reduction topics.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced educator with effective communication skills, and a proven ability to create the full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate). The Training Manager must have demonstrated the ability to implement a train-the-trainer model and be committed to the principles of Harm Reduction.
Duties and responsibilities:
Training for Harm Reduction Programs (50%)
· Oversee the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of a robust training program for all current and new Tapestry employees who provide harm reduction services.
· Develop core training for Harm Reduction staff to fulfill their job requirements.
· In collaboration with other Tapestry staff, create training modules and supportive materials for each identified core training and identify areas to build cross-program training.
· Assess harm reduction training needs and develop ongoing training and technical assistance to respond to identified needs.
· Provide Harm Reduction trainings to other agency staff and stakeholders as needed.
Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution (OEND) Training and Programming Oversight (20%)
· Oversee the train–the-trainer OEND component of training for all Harm Reduction staff.
· Manage/Lead the OEND train-the-trainer program at Tapestry. Provide ongoing support to other Tapestry staff who are OEND Master Trainers.
Provide external OEND training and support new and existing staff in their ability to train external stakeholders in OEND.
Provide ongoing technical assistance to external organizations and community members that conduct OEND activities as directed by supervisor.
· Conduct regular (3-month, 6 months, yearly) evaluations for direct staff and managers on harm reduction core competencies (OEND, Counseling Skills, HIV/STI/HCV counseling, etc.). Provide feedback to staff supervisors that identify individual strengths and areas for improvement.
· Create and oversee systems for Tapestry managers to implement to ensure that all direct staff are fully trained in a timely manner upon hire.
· Collaborate with external agencies, coalitions, and other key partners to identify available ongoing training for Tapestry staff.
· Routinely update all training materials as needed.
· Develop new continuing educational and professional development trainings for managers and staff
· Under the supervision of the Director of Harm Reduction, participate in planning and strategy efforts to enhance the quality of harm reduction interventions and the ability of staff to provide needed services.
· Assist the Director of Harm Reduction on special projects related to harm reduction core competency training.
· Participate in agency meetings and other initiatives as directed.
· Attend local and statewide meetings that serve to enhance the agency’s role in the community and advertise our services.
· Other duties as assigned.
1. Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role
2. Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
3. Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in an agency setting
4. Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques
5. Two years’ experience working in Harm Reduction with people who use drugs (PWUDs)
6. Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
7. Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide and diverse variety of stakeholders
8. Strong computer and analytical skills; substantial experience in Windows computer applications
9. Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
10. Supports the mission and goals of the agency
11. Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license required
1. Bachelor’s Degree or Five years’ experience in the harm reduction, substance use and/or HIV/AIDS field
2. Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide and diverse variety of stakeholders that includes current and former PWUDs
3. 2-4 years of supervision experience
4. Current understanding of local, statewide and national harm reduction efforts with respect to opioids, HIV/AIDS, and substance use
5. Bi-lingual Spanish/English desired
6. Trainer in Naloxone education and distribution
7. One-year experience working with the state OEND pilot program
8. 3-5 years’ experience working directly with individuals struggling with Substance Use Disorder
9. Lived experience with Substance Use Disorder, either with immediate family or self (NOT required to disclose specific details of their experience.)
Evening and weekend availability required. Position schedule dependent on needs of participants and programs. No potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Ability to lift items under 40 lbs. required. Ability to sit at a desk and conduct basic administrative duties. Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
Work Location: One location
Adjunct Instructor, Paralegal Studies Business and Industrial Technology The Adjunct Instructor’s duties include teaching paralegal courses and completing all duties...Apply For This Job
** Now Offering $1,000 Sign-On Bonus! ** Based in the Clayton, GA, Blue Ridge Therapeutic Wilderness serves youth ages 13-17,...Apply For This Job
Quality Carriers, Inc. is the nation’s #1 tank trucking company. We transport a broad range of chemical products and provide...Apply For This Job
Announcement Open Date 01/28/2022 Requisition Number PRN29158B Job Title Assoc Dir, Education Working Title Lifelong Learning Director Job Grade F...Apply For This Job
Company Description: We. Are. OneStaff. Medical. An independently-owned, nationally-recognized and amazingly awesome staffing firm looking for like-minded talent to add...Apply For This Job
JobID: 3302 Position Type: CERTIFICATED (NON-ADMIN)/TEACHER CTE Date Posted: 9/13/2022 Location: HIGHLINE HIGH SCHOOL Date Available: ASAP Closing Date: 09/19/2022...Apply For This Job