Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the contributions of all people.
The Manor @ Seagoville, which is owned and operated by Cantex Continuing Care Network, is a 90-bed facility that represents the next generation in transitional short-term care setting offering around-the-clock clinical support complete with a comprehensive rehabilitation program.
The overall purpose of the Medical Records Technician position is to establish and maintain organized medical records and files, according to acceptable policies and procedures that include OBRA guidelines and Texas, NM, LA state standards. At times, this position may provide clinical and administrative support to the nursing department.
_ Qualifications: _
* Registered Health Information Technician or high school graduate (or equivalent)
* Accurate typing skills of 40 wpm or more are needed
* Minimum of one-year experience in medical records within a long-term care setting is preferred
* Computer literacy is mandatory
* Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
_ Essential Functions: _
* Maintains established medical record files; scans in documentation in the EMR accordance with company policies and procedures as well as federal and state- specific regulations.
* Scans (Files) Patient information in individual charts accurately.
* Establishes and maintains inventory of forms, and supplies for Nurses station.
Prepares spend-down sheets and submits to Executive Director.
* Prepares any correspondence for medical records.
* May enter physician’s orders into the clinical software system when applicable.
* May enter weights into the clinical software system.
* Keeps a soft file of weights in medical record office.
* Submits interim orders and physician’s order sheets monthly to physicians for signature and ensures timely e-signature.
* Participates in Monthly Quality Assurance Meeting.
Medical Records Manual – Introduction February 2020
Section 01-01 Rev: 2.12.2020
* Audits medical records per company policy and procedure and notifies all physicians of compliance issues with H&P’s and Progress Notes.
* Submits daily, weekly, and monthly audits of charts to Unit Managers, Director of nurses & appropriate department heads for review, correction or closing of forms.
* Copies all requested documents and keeps requests in a folder clearly visible in
Medical records. Records request may be discarded 1 year from request being filled.
* Maintains a log of all Medical records requests for quick reference.
* Ensures all discharge records are closed as specified in Medical Records Manual.
* Ensures the completion of discharge summary (IDT) and all documents under assessments.
* Works with legal counsel to prepare records for release of information.
* Reviews Cantex Continuing Health Care, LLC’s Clinical Policies and Procedures for
Abuse prevention and knows the employee’s responsibility to enforce it.
* Attends weekly in-services, understands, and complies with Patient Care
* Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
_ We are an Equal opportunity employer;_
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location
Assists nursing service personnel with a variety of patient care activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal...Apply For This Job
Positions in Gainesville, Florida. Relocation assistance is available. Discover the many reasons UF Health Shands has earned accolades as a...Apply For This Job
World-Class Assisted Living Memory Care Community is presently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) to join our team in Austin, TX!...Apply For This Job
Job Description The role of this person will be to walk the patients to various floors within the hospital. This...Apply For This Job
We are looking for a Podiatrist to work in our Arlington and Weatherford offices. Podiatrist responsibilities include providing all services...Apply For This Job
Have you considered a career in health care but are not sure where to start? Let us help you take...Apply For This Job